Employee Benefits Law and Commercial Litigation
Mostert Attorneys is regarded as one of the leading firms in this unique field of practice. Its attorneys and consultants are well-versed in this unique field of specialisation, having practiced in this field for well over two decades. The firms core focus is Employee Benefit Law as well as the curatorship of distressed pension funds, thereby contributing significantly to South Africa’s sophisticated financial regulatory regime which:
• Promotes economic stability
• Provides favourable conditions for foreign direct investment
• Provides affected persons with a remedy against fraud and financial injustices in the Financial Services Sector
The firms services to clients in this practice area include, inter alia
• Pension fund curatorship and recovery of misappropriated pension fund assets
• Advice to trustees on the administration and management of pension funds, powers of boards of trustees, and dispute resolution.
• Consultation on employee benefits law, surplus apportionments and compliance with the Pension Funds Act.
• Assistance to aggrieved members of pension funds.